Family Recipes: Baked Apple Chips
A homemade, healthy snack for kids that only requires one ingredient? Sign us up! Check out this delicious recipe for baked apple chips, courtesy of The Viet Vegan food blog. Add some flavor to your baked apple chips by dusting them with your favorite spices, cinnamon, sugar…or maybe even something savory!
Baked Apple Chips Recipe
- Apples! Approx. one apple per person
- Optional: Cinnamon, sugar, or other flavors for dusting
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
2. Slice apples very thin (use of a mandoline slicer is suggested) – about 1/16 of an inch thick.
3. Arrange your apple slices on a lined, thick-bottomed baking sheet. Don’t let the slices overlap.
4. Bake for one hour. Flip slices, then bake for one more hour. Remove from oven, let cool to crisp, dust lightly with any chosen flavorings/spices, then enjoy!
Looking for more healthy snacks for children? Check out more recipe and snack suggestions from the Family Room blog: