Family Recipes: Bubbly New Year’s Eve Parfaits for Kids
2014 is merely days away and it’s almost time to ring in the new year! Do you think your kids will be able to stay awake until midnight this year? For those with little night owls who are still awake for the New Year’s toasts, we have a fun treat to share today. A twist on the classic idea of letting children join in the celebrations by toasting with sparkling white grape juice, here is a recipe (courtesy of Spoonful.com) for creating bubbly New Year’s Eve Jell-O parfaits for kids – made with sparkling white grape Jell-O!
Bubbly New Year’s Eve Parfaits Recipe
- 1 box sparkling white grape Jell-O
- Club soda, seltzer or ginger ale, per directions on Jell-O box
- Champagne flutes or other party glasses
1. Make Jell-O according to the directions on a box of sparkling white grape Jell-O. Be sure to use club soda, seltzer, or ginger ale and follow the tips on the box for getting the gelatin to sparkle.
2. Chill the Jell-O in champagne flutes or parfait glasses. Consider making these the day of the party, as they might lose some bubbliness if they’re made further ahead. Decorate the stems of the glasses for extra pizzazz.
Happy New Year!