Family Recipes: Cauliflower Tots
Do you know some people (young or old) who tend to be anti-veggie? So do we. But today, we’re sharing a recipe that’s sure to appeal to everyone in your household – the veggie lovers and those who are a little more skeptical. This recipe for cauliflower tots, courtesy of SkinnyTaste.com, is a great way to get kids and those who are anti-vegetable to try a new veggie – cauliflower! In a kid-friendly format (crispy and ready for dipping!), these tots make for a great vegetable side dish for the whole family.
Cauliflower Tots Recipe
- 2 cups of cooked cauliflower florets, finely chopped
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg white
- 1/2 cup of onion, minced
- 3 tbsp of minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup of reduced fat sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup of seasoned breadcrumbs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cooking spray
1. To cook the cauliflower florets, steam a little over 2 cups of raw cauliflower florets in a little water covered for for 4 to 5 minutes or until tender but not mushy, then drain well and dry on paper towel, then using a knife finely chop and set 2 cups aside.
2. Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray a nonstick cookie sheet with cooking spray.
3. In a medium bowl, combine all of the ingredients and season with salt and pepper to taste.
4. Spoon 1 tablespoon of mixture in your hands and roll into small ovals. Place on the cookie sheet and bake for 16-18 minutes, turning halfway through cooking until golden. Should make about 32 – 34 tots.
How do you get your picky-eaters to try new vegetables? Are there certain veggie recipes they’ll try? Share with us in the comments area below.