Family Recipes: Cheesy Zucchini Biscuits
Have you had success in finding vegetable recipes that your kids will try? A few summers ago, Amy shared this tasty recipe for Cheesy Zucchini Biscuits – a child (and adult!) favorite in her house. These biscuits make a delicious side dish for summer meals and are a great way to use up zucchini from the garden or CSA. Give the recipe a try and let us know what your family thinks!
Cheesy Zucchini Biscuits Recipe
- 3 cups of flour
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- 2 teaspoons of baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of pepper (optional)
- 4 tablespoons of cold butter
- 2 cups of shredded zucchini
- 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ – ¾ cup of milk
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and pepper.
3. Add the butter and cut into flour mixture to form a coarse, crumbly mix. Set aside.
4. Place zucchini in a colander and squeeze the extra juices from it.
5. In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the zucchini,cheddar cheese, and milk.
6. Pour the “wet” over the “dry” ingredients. Stir until the dough is mostly stiff. It will be slightly wet.
7. Drop the dough onto a baking sheet into 10-12 lumps.
8. Bake for 13-15 minutes until golden and puffed up. Serve warm!