Family Recipes: Corn & Bean Salsa
Looking for a tasty summer side dish? Check out this recipe that Amy shared a few summers ago for corn and bean salsa!
Corn & Bean Salsa
- 1 can of black beans drained
- 1-2 cups cooked corn (use frozen to save time – just be sure to thaw first)
- 1 bell pepper (any color)
- 2-3 tomatoes
- 1/2 cup (packed) chopped cilantro
- 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt & pepper, to taste
- hot sauce, to taste (optional)
1. Add drained beans and corn to a large mixing bowl. Tip: Rinse the beans to eliminate some of the “gas.”
2. Chop the pepper and tomatoes. For best results, remove the seeds from the tomatoes during chopping. Add to bean and corn mix.
3. Chop or use scissors to snip cilantro. Add to bowl.
4. Squeeze the lime over the mixture.
5. Measure and add the oil.
6. Season with salt, pepper and hot sauce to taste.