Family Recipes: French Toast Casserole Bake
Ring in the new year with holiday cheer…and a delicious breakfast! Hearty New Year’s Day breakfasts and brunches are a great family tradition. And this recipe for french toast casserole bake (courtesy of lilluna.com) is the perfect way to start your 2015 off right. Prepare the recipe the evening before, let it refrigerate overnight, and pop it in the oven when you’re ready to go on New Year’s Day!
Does your family have any traditional New Year’s Day breakfast items? Share with us in the comments area below.
French Toast Casserole Bake Recipe
- 1 loaf of sourdough bread
- 8 eggs
- 2 cups of milk
- 1/2 cup of heavy cream
- 3/4 cup of sugar
- 2 tbsp. of vanilla
- 1/2 cup of flour
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 1 tsp. of cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. of salt
- 1/2 cup of cold butter, cut into pieces
1. Cut loaf into cubes and place evenly in a greased 9 x 13 pan.
2. In a bowl, mix together eggs, milk, heavy cream, sugar and vanilla. Pour evenly over bread.
3. Cover your pan with Saran Wrap and refrigerate overnight.
4. Mix together flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt in a medium bowl.
5. Cut in butter with this mixture until crumbly and place in a Ziploc bag and refrigerate overnight as well.
6. Take pan and Ziploc out when ready to bake. Sprinkle crumbly mixture evenly over the bread.
7. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes to 1 hour depending on how soft you like it.
- Bright Horizons on Pinterest: Kid-friendly Recipe Board
- Parent Webinars: Food for Thought – Nutrition Tips & Strategies for Growing a Healthy Eater
- Read more posts about breakfast and posts about family recipes from the Family Room bloggers