Family Recipes: Fresh Fruit Salsa and Cinnamon Chips
Are chips and salsa a staple at your family parties? Today we’re sharing a sweet twist on salsa that makes for the perfect party appetizer or after-dinner treat. This recipe for fresh fruit salsa and cinnamon chips, courtesy of Betty Crocker, is sure to please all the salsa fans (but especially those with a sweet tooth!) in your household.
Fresh Fruit Salsa & Cinnamon Chips Recipe
Cinnamon Chips Ingredients:
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 8-inch flour tortillas
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 small orange
- 2 medium Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and finely chopped (2 cups)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh strawberries
- 1 medium peach, peeled, pitted and finely chopped (2/3 cup)
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons apple jelly
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, mix sugar and cinnamon.
- Lightly brush both sides of each tortilla with water. Lightly sprinkle about 1/2 teaspoon sugar-cinnamon mixture over each side of each tortilla. Cut each tortilla into 8 wedges; place on cookie sheet.
- Bake 6 to 8 minutes or until light golden brown. Remove from cookie sheet; place on wire rack. Cool completely, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, grate peel from orange; squeeze orange to make about 1/4 cup juice. In medium bowl, mix orange peel, orange juice and remaining salsa ingredients.
- Serve salsa with cinnamon crisps. Enjoy!