Family Recipes: Frozen Banana Candy Pops
Do you have a house full of leftover Halloween candy? Real Simple shares some deliciously creative ways to use those leftovers – one of our favorites being their frozen peanut butter cup banana pops recipe. Though we wouldn’t quite classify this as a healthy treat, adding a little fruit into a post-Halloween diet certainly doesn’t hurt! The best part is, Real Simple’s recipe for frozen banana pops can be customized using the candy of your choosing.
Get creative! Give this recipe for frozen banana candy pops a try and let us know what your favorite topping is.
Frozen Banana Candy Pops Recipe
- 2 bananas, peeled and halved crosswise
- Candy of your choice – don’t be afraid to mix your favorite combos!
- 6 oz. of chocolate, chopped
- 4 wooden popsicle sticks
1. Insert a wooden popsicle stick into each banana half. Freeze the bananas and the candy of your choice for two hours.
2. Heat the chocolate in a double boiler or medium heatproof bowl set over (but not in) a saucepan of simmering water, stirring continuously until melted.
3. Chop the frozen candy.
4. Line a plate with parchment.
5. Coat the frozen bananas in the melted chocolate and sprinkle with the chopped candy pieces.
6. Freeze on the prepared plate until firm, usually only 4-5 minutes.
Looking for more ideas of recipes you can make with leftover Halloween candy? Check out these suggestions: