Family Recipes: Great Pumpkin Pancakes
Here’s a tasty tradition to add your family’s Halloween fun – Great Pumpkin Pancakes! Amy and her kids are big fans of the Peanuts gang, and making these festive pancakes has become a part of their yearly tradition of watching the Halloween TV special, along with a themed dinner treat.
Great Pumpkin Pancakes Recipe
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 eggs
- 1 ¾ cup milk (or as needed)
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Cooking spray
1. In a large mixing bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, salt and pumpkin pie spice. Set aside.
2. Whisk together the eggs, milk, pumpkin puree, sugar, and oil until well combined.
3. Pour the “wet” over the “dry” ingredients. Stir until just mixed together. Lumps are okay.
4. Carefully heat a griddle or frying pan on medium heat. Grease with cooking spray or a pat of butter.
5. Ladle some of the pancake batter onto the pan to form 2-3” disks. For fun, spoon a little batter at the top of the circle to make a stem so the pancake resembles a pumpkin.
6. When the bubbles start to pop on top and the bottom is slightly brown, flip with a spatula. Remove from pan when under side is browned.