Family Recipes: Grilled Fruit Kabobs
Is your family celebrating dad with a hearty grilled meal this Father’s Day? Grilled fruit makes for a great side dish. Give dad something sweet to compliment the burgers and steak you’ll be cooking up at your BBQ this weekend. The best part? You can be creative! Mix and match your family’s favorite fruits with these delicious grilled kabobs.
Grilled Fruit Kabobs
- Cubes (1 inch) of fresh fruit. Some varieties that grill well: pineapple, strawberries, mango
- Salt and pepper
- Juice of 1 lime (1-2 tablespoons)
1. Soak skewers (if wooden) in water for 10-12 minutes (to keep them from burning).
2. Thread skewers will pieces of fruit and sprinkle with lime juice.
3. Place skewers on grill over medium heat. Leave fruit over heat for 2-4 minutes, rotating the skewers every 30 seconds.
4. Remove from heat when the fruit softens.
5. Allow fruit to cool, then enjoy!
Fruit kabobs are also delicious when served with honey mint citrus sauce (see photo above from SheKnows.com), sweet yogurt sauce, ice cream, or even chocolate sauce! Try out all these fun varieties and let us know which one is your favorite.