Family Recipes: Healthy Banana Oat Cookies
Healthy cookies? All you need are some overripe bananas and a cup of oats! You may be skeptical, but these easy-to-make, two-ingredient treats are definitely worth a try. And, this recipe is a great alternative to banana bread for using up fruit that has passed its prime. Looking for something slightly more decadent? Add in chocolate chips, fruit, nuts, etc. You can add your own twist!
- 2-3 Overripe bananas
- 1 Cup oats
- Optional add-ins: Chocolate chips, peanut butter, blueberries, raisins, nuts, etc.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mash bananas – combine in a mixing bowl with oats and assorted extras.
- Shape batter into even-sized balls.
- Place on a well-greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 350 degrees until golden and crispy and enjoy!