Family Recipes: Healthy Ranch-Style Dip
Finding low-fat afternoon snacks for kids that don’t require much prep-time can be challenging. This recipe for ranch-style dip (courtesy of myrecipes.com) is a great way to get kids snacking healthy on veggies and other natural dipping foods. What is your child’s favorite food to pair with ranch-style dip?
Healthy Ranch-Style Dip Recipe
- 4 ounces of 1/3-less-fat cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons of nonfat buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons of chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon of chopped fresh dill
- 1/2 teaspoon of minced fresh garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon 0f freshly ground black pepper
1. Mix cream cheese and buttermilk in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk until blended.
2. Stir in remaining ingredients and enjoy!