Family Recipes: Heart-Shaped Treats for Valentine’s Day
Valentine’s Day is a great excuse to bake up some fun, festive treats. But if you’re pressed for time, there are some quick and easy ways you can dress up even the simplest snacks for February 14. Spoonful.com shares some creative ideas for celebrating the holiday with different types of food – healthy and indulgent. Browse their entire list of 20 heart-shaped treats. We’ve included a few of our very favorites below.
Heart-Shaped Treats for Valentine’s Day
- Chocolate Chunk Shortbread: Yum! A buttery heart-shaped treat that the whole family is sure to enjoy.
- Healthy Hearts: Watermelon and oranges make this a healthy treat for kids on a day that tends to be more about the sweet stuff (Note: Be cautious of using the wooden skewers with little ones around).
- Puppy Love: A creative way to serve a kid-favorite meal – hot dogs – on Valentine’s Day.
- Hearts & Hummus: A fun (and easy!) method of dressing up a healthy snack.
- Conversation Heart Cheesecakes: Perfect for a Valentine’s Day party or family gathering.
- Two-cheese Pesto Pizza: What’s better than pizza? Heart-shaped pizza!
How are you celebrating Valentine’s Day with your children and family? Any special treats on the menu?