Family Recipes: Incredible Hulk Power Smoothie
Our friends at The Six O’Clock Scramble shared a recipe for a quick and healthy green breakfast smoothie, creatively (and kid-friendly) titled the Incredible Hulk Power Smoothie! Next time you’re on the go and looking for a healthy breakfast you can bring with you, give this smoothie a try.
Incredible Hulk Power Smoothie Recipe
- 2 cups kale, stemmed and chopped
- 1 cup spinach leaves
- 1/2 avocado (optional, makes it creamier and more filling)
- 1 banana
- 1 apple, chopped (no need to peel)
- 1 cup orange juice, preferably fresh squeezed
- 1 cup fruit flavored kefir or vanilla yogurt
- 1 cup ice
- 1 tbsp chia seeds (optional)
Combine all the ingredients in a blender and puree until smooth, then enjoy!
Looking for another delicious smoothie option? Try this fresh fruit smoothie recipe.
- Bright Horizons Online Community: Healthy Snacks
- Parenting Webinars: Nutrition Tips & Strategies for Growing a Healthy Eater
- Read more posts about family recipes and posts about breakfast from the Family Room blog team