Family Recipes: Individual-Sized Super Bowl Dips
Is your family gearing up for the Super Bowl tonight? Who are you rooting for?
For many, the Super Bowl party menu is almost as important as the big game itself. While appetizer foods tend to win the day, the typical crowd favorites – like dips – can get messy when our littlest party attendees are involved. That’s why we suggest making and serving chips and dip in individual-sized portions!
Though it might take a little more prep time, serving your favorite party dips in individual-sized containers, like plastic tumblers, can take some of the mess out of chips and dip time. Not to mention, this can also help curb less-than-ideal snack-sharing behaviors that the kids might not have mastered just yet (no double dipping!).
You can do this with virtually any of your family’s favorite dips, but we thought we’d share a good one. This recipe for seven-layer dip (courtesy of The Girl Who Ate Everything blog) is a crowd-pleaser and a great addition to any Super Bowl party spread.
Individual-Sized Super Bowl Seven-Layer Dip
- 1 (16 oz.) can of refried beans
- 1 (1 oz.) package taco seasoning
- 1 cup guacamole
- 1 (8 oz.) container sour cream
- 1 cup of chunky salsa or pico de gallo
- 1 cup of shredded cheddar or Mexican blend cheese
- 2 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 bunch of green onions, sliced
- 1 (2.25 oz.) can of sliced olives, drained
- Plastic tumblers
- Tortilla chips
1. Mix together taco seasoning with refried beans.
2. In each plastic glass, assemble the layers of your dip – beans and taco seasoning, sour cream, guacamole, salsa or pico de gallo, cheese, tomatoes, green onions and olives.
3. Store in the refrigerator until serving and serve with chips. This should make about 8 individual dips.