Family Recipes: Mini Chicken Pot Pies
With wintry weather and cold temps affecting many parts of the country, it’s safe to say that the season of comfort food is well underway! Next time you’re looking for a warm meal on a cold evening, we suggest trying this recipe from Campbell’s Kitchen for mini chicken pot pies. This recipe, a play off of a classic winter meal, is kid-friendly when it comes to both taste and presentation. Stay warm and bon appetite!
- 1 1/2 cups of cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) of condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 package of frozen mixed vegetables, thawed or about 1 1/2 cups of fresh vegetables – your choice!
- 1 package (12 ounces) of refrigerated biscuit dough
- 1/2 cup of shredded Cheddar cheese
1. Heat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray 10 muffin-pan cups with vegetable cooking spray.
2. Mix together chicken, soup and vegetables in a medium bowl.
3. Slightly flatten the biscuits and press them into the bottoms and up the sides of the muffin-pan cups.
4. Spoon about 1/3 cup of chicken mixture into each biscuit cup and lightly press the chicken mixture down so it’s level.
5. Top each with about 2 teaspoons of cheese.
6. Bake for 15 minutes or until the biscuits are golden brown and the cheese is melted. Allow pies to cool and enjoy!