Family Recipes: Mini Pumpkin Pies
The toddler classroom at USAA Child Development Center in Colorado Springs, CO has been busy with baking! The children made mini pumpkin pies to eat as their afternoon snack. By working together, they followed directions from their teachers to ensure proper ingredients were included and directions were being followed. They were really enthusiastic about cooking and are excited to plan out the next treat they’ll make as a class.
Do you know any pumpkin pie fans? Make the toddler classroom’s recipe for mini pumpkin pies at home with your own little bakers.
Mini Pumpkin Pie Recipe
- 1 can of pumpkin
- 1 can of evaporated milk
- 3/4 cup of sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp of nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp of cloves
- 2 unbaked 9-inch pie shells
1. Mix sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves in a small bowl.
2. Beat eggs in a large bowl. Stir in pumpkin, sugar and spice mixture.
3. Gradually stir in evaporated milk.
4. Cut out the dough to fit into muffin pan. Fill with pie filling.
5. Bake in preheated oven at 425 degrees for 25 minutes.
6. Top with whipped cream and enjoy!
Looking for more pumpkin treats? Check out Amy’s recipe for Great Pumpkin Pancakes.