Family Recipes: Mini S’mores Cups
Last summer, Media Mom shared this easy-to-prepare, sure-to-please recipe for mini s’mores cups. Looking for a dessert to bring to your next BBQ? This one is a keeper!
- 1 cup of finely crushed graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup confectioners sugar
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- 4 milk chocolate Hershey bars (or dark/white chocolate, if you prefer)
- 12 large marshmallows
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix graham cracker crumbs, confectioners sugar, and melted butter in a small/medium bowl. Press a small amount into mini-muffin tins.
3. Bake for 4-5 mins until edges of the cups start to bubble slightly. Remove from oven, but keep oven on
4. Break two of the Hershey bars into rectangles and put one rectangle on top of each graham cracker.
5. Cut 12 marshmallows in half crosswise, dipping kitchen shears into cold water to keep them from sticking. Put one half marshmallow, cut-side down, on each cup.
6. Put them back in the oven for 1-2 mins until the marshmallows have just slightly softened (now you can turn off the oven).
7. Let muffin tin trays cool on a rack for 15 minutes and then remove the cups from the tins.
8. When cups are completely cooled, melt the two remaining chocolate bars in the microwave and dip the top of each cup into the melted chocolate.
9. Let chocolate set at room temperature (or if you’re in a rush you can put them in the fridge to set).
10. Store in an air-tight container at room temperature.