Family Recipes: Pumpkin Quesadillas
Do you enjoy all-things pumpkin during the month of October? We’ve got another great seasonal dish for you! A few years ago, Amy shared this recipe from Purple Asparagus for pumpkin quesadillas. This fun, autumn spin on a traditional quesadilla recipe makes for a tasty dinner that kids and adults will enjoy.
What other pumpkin treats are you enjoying before October is over? Share with us in the comments area below.
Pumpkin Quesadillas Recipe
- 1 tablespoon of extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup of chopped yellow onion
- 1/2 teaspoon of cumin
- 1 can of pumpkin or 2 cups of roasted, pureed pumpkin
- 8 whole wheat tortillas
- 2 cups of Monterey Jack cheese
1. Saute the onion in the olive oil until softened and golden brown.
2. Add the cumin and salt to taste and cook for 1 minute.
3. Stir in pumpkin and cook for an additional minute. Cool slightly.
4. Spread the pumpkin onto the tortillas and top with cheese.
5. Cook in a non-stick skillet on both sides until golden brown. Serve warm.