Family Recipes: Rainbows and Butterflies Pasta Salad
As the summer cookout season begins to wind down, we have one more kid-friendly side dish to share with you: Rainbows and Butterflies Pasta Salad! This recipe, courtesy of Food Network, is sure to please adults and kids alike and makes for the perfect addition to your summer BBQ menu. To a child, pasta salad with veggies may sound boring. But rainbows and butterflies pasta salad? Who could resist that?!
Rainbows and Butterflies Pasta Salad Recipe
- 8 ounces of bow tie pasta (choose whole grain for a healthier option)
- 3 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon of extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup of corn kernels, thawed
- 1 cup of shelled edamame, thawed
- 1 medium red bell pepper, diced
- 2 medium carrots, shredded (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/3 cup of grated parmesan cheese (about 1 ounce)
1. Cook the pasta. Drain and toss with 1 teaspoon olive oil. Set aside to cool.
2. In a large bowl, toss the cooled pasta with the corn, edamame, bell pepper and carrots.
3. Drizzle mixture with the remaining 3 tablespoons of olive oil and toss to coat.
4. Add the parmesan cheese and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Mix again and season with salt to taste.