Family Recipes: Shrimp Scampi & Zucchini on the Grill
There’s nothing more classic summertime than a delicious dinner on the grill, right? What are your family’s favorite grilled meals? Nourish Mom shares one of her favorite grilling recipes: Shrimp Scampi & Zucchini.
Shrimp Scampi & Zucchini on the Grill
- 20 uncooked shrimp
- 4 skewers
- 1 coosa zucchini (or whatever variety you have)
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- ¼ cup fresh parsley
- Fresh cracked pepper
- Sea salt (optional)
1. Soak the skewers in cold water for a few minutes. Carefully place the shrimp on the skewer.
2. Cut the zucchini in large chunks.
3. Chop the garlic and parsley.
4. Mix together the scampi dressing: ¼ – ½ cup olive oil, 2/3 of the garlic, all the parsley. Brush on shrimp skewers.
5. Prepare the zucchini: coat with olive oil, add the remaining garlic, add salt and pepper to taste, mix to fully coat.
6. Heat the grill on medium heat. Cook the zucchini for 10-15 minutes turning to prevent burning. Cook the shrimp 5-8 minutes per side.
7. Serve with fresh salad and bread.
Looking for more recipes for the grill? Check out this recipe for grilled pizza.