Family Recipes: Thanksgiving Leftovers Shepherd’s Pie
Did you all have a nice Thanksgiving? Are you still stuffed from the feast? If you still have a refrigerator full of leftovers, we’ve found a great recipe for you. Courtesy of MarthaStewart.com, check out this delicious dish: Thanksgiving Leftovers Shepherd’s Pie. The best part? You can really add as many things to the pie as you’d like – no rules. So, throw in that leftover squash, too!
Thanksgiving Leftovers Shepherd’s Pie Recipe
- 3 cups cooked stuffing
- 1 cup cranberry sauce, plus more for topping (optional)
- 1 pound sliced cooked turkey
- 10 ounces glazed carrots (or another leftover vegetable)
- 4-6 tablespoons gravy
- 3-4 cups mashed potatoes
- Any other leftovers you’d like to add!
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a 9- to 10-inch pie plate, mound stuffing on bottom; layer with cranberry sauce, turkey, and carrots.
3. Drizzle with gravy; spread potatoes over surface to sides of dish.
4. Top with more cranberry sauce, if desired.
5. Place pie on a baking sheet, and bake until heated through and potatoes are golden, 35 to 40 minutes.
6. Let cool slightly and Enjoy!
- E-family news: Thanksgiving Lessons for Children – Celebrating Gratitude & Family
- Bright Horizons Online Community: Thanksgiving Foods Kids Will Actually Eat?
- Bright Horizons on Pinterest: Find Thanksgiving ideas on our Holidays Board
- Read more posts about Thanksgiving and posts about family recipes from the Family Room bloggers