Family Recipes: Tortilla Pizza
When I need a weeknight dinner that’s quick and easy, tortilla pizzas are one of my go-tos. They’re great for families; everyone gets their own pie and has the option to choose the toppings they want. You can use them as an opportunity to get in more veggies — my siblings and I have enjoyed putting zucchini (yes, you read that right!) as well as pineapple, peppers and onions on our pizzas. (Note: If you choose to add raw vegetables, you’ll want to sauté them in a little olive oil on the stove top before adding them to your pizza.)
Here’s a simple how-to on how to make these easy pizzas from Momables:
EASY TORTILLA PIZZAS
- Cooking spray
- Tomato or pizza sauce
- Shredded cheese (mozzarella and Parmesan, for example)
- Desired toppings
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Spray your tortilla(s) with cooking spray.
- Spread a thin layer of tomato or pizza sauce over the tortilla.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese over the pizza sauce.
- Add the desired toppings.
- Place the tortilla pizza onto a baking sheet, and bake for 8 to 10 minutes.
-More time will be needed if you’re cooking more than one at a time.
-If you’re using tomato sauce instead of pizza sauce, extra seasoning may be needed.
Tell us: What is your family’s favorite quick and easy weeknight dinner?
- Family Room Blog: Fall Meal Planning for Families
- Bright Horizons Online Community: Getting Kids to Eat Vegetables
- Family Dinners: The Top 10 Things You’ll Learn During Family Dinners
- Read more posts about cooking and posts about dinner from the Family Room bloggers