Favorite Children’s Books for Babies
I love children’s books. From the vibrant pictures and clever rhymes to the important life lessons or unleashed silliness there is just something so captivating about a great children’s book.
Even before I had Olivia (age 6) and Owen (age 1) I started our library. And each year I enjoy adding to it especially around the holidays. But I admit that I haven’t always been successful picking the ones that inevitably become my kids’ favorites. These have come from other moms, dads and teachers – those on the front line of the “read me this book again and again and again” brigade.
In the spirit of the holidays I am paying it back to those parents looking for some great children’s books for babies. Here are a few of my, Olivia and Owen’s picks for best books.
1. Alligator Alphabet and Counting Cockatoos by Stella Blackstone – Olivia and I read these books so much that her 1st birthday cake actually had the image of “1 Enormous Elephant” from the counting book
2. Hand, Hand, Fingers, Thumb by Al Perkins – This was my favorite book growing up and now it’s Owen’s
3. Papa, Please Get the Moon for Me by Eric Carle
4. Gossie & Gertie by Olivier Dunrea
5. Bear on a Bike by Stella Blackstone
6. The Little Mouse, the Red Ripe Strawberry, and the Big Hungry Bear by Don and Audrey Wood
7. The Carrot Seed by Ruth Krauss
8. Tuck Me In by Dean Hacochen
9. Moo Baa La La La by Sandra Boynton
10. Chicka Chicka 123 by Bill Martin Jr.
I have so many more on my list and many that I’m sure I’ve forgotten as they are tucked away in the kids’ rooms as they sleep. I’ll try to add more as I come across them.
What’s on your children’s favorite book list? Leave a comment or continue the conversation already started on our online community.
Note: A portion of all purchases made through the Amazon book links above go to support the Bright Horizons Foundation for Children. You can also use this link for every Amazon purchase you make this season to support the Foundation.