Get Moving! Family Fitness Resources
Physical activity is a critical component to wellness, yet for busy families, it’s often difficult to find the energy or time for fitness after all of our other daily work/life responsibilities. Does it seem impossible to fit one more thing into your already jam-packed day? We’re here to help.
Spring is the perfect time to get outside and get moving, so we’ve compiled a collection of helpful resources on family fitness. Below you’ll find parenting webinars, informative articles and peer-to-peer discussions about all-things family wellness, exercise and fitness.
Learn strategies for incorporating fitness, nutrition and wellness into your family’s schedule! Stacy Molander, VP of Strategic Initiatives at The Partnership for a Healthier America joins Bright Horizons blogger, Ruth, in discussing real-life examples of fitness and wellness success for busy working families in this parenting webinar.
WATCH NOW: Fitness Tips for Busy Families
E-family News: Family Fitness Articles
Whether you’re looking for tips to get your family moving or help to simply find the time in your busy day to workout yourself, we have you covered! The e-family news articles below outlines strategies for making fitness a part of your routine.
Bright Horizons Online Community: Family Wellness Conversations
Our Family Health and Wellness board on the Bright Horizons Online Community is a great source of parent-to-parent discussions about all-things exercise, nutrition and health. Join existing parenting conversations on the themes below – or start your own discussion topic!
- How Do Working Parents Exercise?
- Health Goals for Parents
- Exercising During Pregnancy
- Exercising Outside with the Whole Family
- Exercising with a Toddler
Our bloggers are often discussing their own fitness goals, challenges and triumphs! Find family fitness tips they’ve shared for busy working parents by browsing the past blog posts below.
- Tips for Exercising During Pregnancy
- 5 Tips for Fitting Physical Activity into Everyday Life
- Involving Kids in Family Fitness Activities
- Fitting in Exercise as a Working Parent
- At-home Workouts for Busy Parents
- Tips for Becoming a Runner
How do you and your family get moving in the springtime? Share below in the comments area.
- Bright Horizons Curriculum: Learn more about our Well Aware curriculum element that teaches children about the importance of staying active
- Bright Horizons Online Community: Join parenting conversations about family health and wellness
- Read more posts about family fitness from the Family Room bloggers