Giving Thanks: The “Little Things” I’m Thankful For
It’s almost Thanksgiving. When it comes to being grateful, I have a lot to be Thankful for – big things and little. And as I said last year, I will be most thankful if everyone in attendance at my Thanksgiving table is healthy and happy. In addition to that, here are a few other things I’ll be grateful for this year.
The “Little Things” I’ll Be Thankful For
I’ll be grateful if…
1. My 4-year-old doesn’t start crying when she realizes that we are serving neither chicken nuggets nor mac-n-cheese.
2. I figure out a way to have all the food be hot (or at least tepid) at relatively the same time.
3. I don’t get the stomach flu like I did last year when hosting Thanksgiving.
4. My father and father-in-law don’t argue politics at the table. And please, no mention of Sarah Palin’s new book.
5. I remember to defrost the turkey.
6. My dog doesn’t eat the turkey while we’re all upstairs changing (yes, that did actually happen a few years ago).
What about you? What are you thankful for this Thanksgiving?
- E-family news: Thanksgiving Lessons for Children – Celebrating Gratitude & Family
- Bright Horizons Online Community: Thanksgiving Activities for Kids
- Bright Horizons Online Community: What Are Your Children Thankful For?
- Read more posts about Thanksgiving and posts about working parents from the Family Room bloggers