“Green” Resolutions for the New Year
As an earth-conscious person, I’m always looking for ways to improve on living “greener” and more healthily. ‘Tis the season for making resolutions, so here are a few of my “green” resolutions for the new year.
My “Go Green” New Year’s Resolutions
This year, I resolve to:
1. Visit more farmer’s markets during the spring and summer. We have several in our area on different days of the week so there is no excuse not to go and support local farmers.
2. Turn off the sink while I’m brushing my teeth. Even though I know it’s a colossal waste of water, I let the water run while brushing my teeth because I hate when toothpaste gets stuck to the sink.
3. Start a compost. My town offers the compost bins at a discounted rate and we have the perfect space behind the garage to put it.
4. Use reusable bags at stores other than grocery stores. I have way too many Target bags at home.
5. Finally recycle/donate the old cell phones we have lying around the house. There is a Cell Phones for Soldiers drop off bin at a store very close to my house.
What are your resolutions for the New Year? Are you trying to live more “green” this year?