Holiday Desserts for Kids (and Chocolate Lovers)
I enjoy cooking but a baker I am not. So when my sister-in-law asked me to bring “some desserts” for Thanksgiving this year the panic set in. It’s not often that I offer to bring desserts to holidays and other festivities but will honor a hostess when they are requested. After all I am one of those people who breathe a sigh of relief when others offer to bring desserts to my parties.
I’m always frustrated, though, that I haven’t tested out some recipes prior to the “big” event and wish I had some go to family recipes for such occasions. I can’t tell you how many times I tried to make an “outside the box” dessert (like mini pumpkin cheesecakes) that sort of fell flat with the kids and my chocolate-loving family.
So this year I found some desserts that I hope will please everyone. And they fit my criteria – easy to make.
1. Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies from Brown Eyed Baker
2. Peanut Butter Cup Brownies from Baked Perfection
3. Ice Cream Cone Cannoli from Cookies & Cups (for my Italian family)
4. Peanut Butter Graham Cracker Balls from Baby Gizmo
5. Cookies & Cream Cheesecake Cupcakes from Handle the Heat
Now I just have to decide which ones to make for Thanksgiving and which ones I’m going to practice making before Christmas.
What about you? What are you making for Thanksgiving – dessert or other family favorite?