Homemade Holiday Gift Ideas for Teachers and Neighbors
It’s that time of year again – time to come up with holiday gift ideas for teachers. It’s the time of year when parents all over are scouring Pinterest to discover the perfect teacher’s gift. I have a whole “Gift Ideas” board where I’ve been saving ideas for teachers, but would also be great for neighbors or co-workers as well. Here are some things I’m thinking about making for the eight teachers, one bus driver and five neighbors I’m planning to give gifts to.
Homemade Holiday Gift Ideas for Teachers & Neighbors
1. Simmering Spices: I love the smell of the holidays, but not the toxicity of candles so I’d actually really appreciate this gift. Easy to make, looks cute and would appeal to almost anyone.
2. Apples with Caramel Cream Cheese Dip: The perfect, inexpensive sweet treat that differs from all of the cookies and fudge teachers tend to receive. Also, that whole “apple for a teacher” theme is cute too.
3. If you are planning to do some baking, I love these ideas for packing. Wax paper for breads and egg cartons for mini muffins or cupcakes or foil boxes for regular sized. That’s just a good idea for transporting those items too!
4. Not so much for teachers, but these “reinbeers” are clever and would make a nice neighbor gift.
5. If you sew, these apple sachets are lovely.
6. A homemade scrub might be a nice alternative to the standard soaps, lotions and hand sanitizers many teachers receive.
7. Anything in a mason jar. Who knew you could bake so many things right in them?
I’ll let you know what I decide on. What are you planning for your children’s teachers this year? Share ideas and links in the comments section.
- Bright Horizons on Pinterest: Teacher Appreciation Board, Holidays Board
- E-family news: Making Holiday Gifts & Memories
- Bright Horizons Online Community: Parent Conversations about Holiday Gifts (for teachers, grandparents, etc.)
- Read more posts about holidays and posts about teachers from the Family Room bloggers