Ideas for a Summer Bucket List with a Toddler
Every winter I dream of summer, and as the season approaches I get more eager to get out of the house and spend some quality family time outside. But the reality is when summer finally arrives, it tends to fly by with fly by with one measly trip to the beach (if I’m lucky) and leaves me feeling like I’ve wasted away the long days and sunshine!
With that in mind, I’ve created a summer bucket list to make sure I take full advantage of this summer with my very active toddler:
5 Things on Our Family’s Summer Bucket List
- Beach, beach, and more beach!—I am determined to bring our toddler to beach this year. She’s only been a couple of times, but I know she will just love playing in the sand and dipping her toes in the water.
- Sensory table play—I am looking to create a sensory table we can use in our backyard so we can enjoy playtime outdoors without too much worry about the mess.
- Long walks with our dogs—Kayla loves to walk the dogs, and we really need to make sure the dogs are getting enough exercise, so I plan to find some great local spots to walk our dogs together.
- The zoo and other day trips—While we try to get to the children’s museum and aquarium in the colder New England months, we reserve the zoo for the warmer months. We’ll also look for other local zoos and amusement parks for young children, like Edaville or Storyland.
- Community events—I am constantly on the hunt for local community events we can attend with small rides and entertainment (i.e. music, bubbles, or face painting) for the little ones. A new and fun-filled experience without the long trek is always a parenting win for me!
What’s on your summer bucket list this year?
I’m a first-time mom, employee of Bright Horizons and a foodie who loves to cook, travel and laugh. In my free time, I like to pretend I know how to use my DSLR like a pro and do basically all things creative (major DIY-er here). I’m excited to share some of the ups-and-downs of parenthood as my husband, two dogs, and our newest addition explore life as a family of five!
- E-family news: Family Summer Activities
- E-family news: Explore Your World – Fun Nature Walks for Families
- The Family Room: Ways to Keep Kids Learning Over the Summer & Staycation Ideas for Families