Keepsake Mother’s Day Activity: Age 7 Answers vs. Age 3 Answers
Long ago, I once attempted to do this Mother’s Day Questionnaire with my daughter, and it didn’t go well. She just didn’t grasp the assignment. Now that she’s 7, I knew she could do it. I didn’t have high hopes, however, for my 3-year-old son. But I got him excited by asking to help me with some work, and he was game.
My daughter approached the whole thing like the logician she is. She immediately caught the fact that the eighth question and the second question were essentially the same, so she gave them essentially similar answers. And I love the irony that the best thing I cook is “ribs” (which, I have never actually cooked) but that I like to buy “helthy stuff.” And between both kids, apparently the only shopping I do is grocery shopping. Sadly, that’s pretty close to the truth. My son approached it like the 3-year-old he is, where the answers have more to do with him than me, of course. I thought it was pretty hysterical that he thinks that if I could go on a trip I would go to the “gym” seeing as neither my son nor my husband nor I have seen the inside of a gym in the 3 ½ years since he was born. But overall, I think my kids were surprisingly spot on, especially when my son answered that “My mom’s favorite household chore is…me.” Too true.
Mother’s Day Keepsake Activity for Kids: 2014
Megan (Age 7 – Inventive spelling included, translation provided where necessary)
- My mom is…nice
- I really love it when my mom…takes care of me.
- My mom likes to wear…jewlury.
- My mom always tells me…storys.
- The best thing she does is…being a good frind.
- It makes her happy when…when I do things for her.
- My mom loves to relax by…takeing a nap
- I like it when she…takes care of Benjamin.
- The best thing she cooks is…ribs.
- When my mom shops she likes to buy…helthy stuff.
- My mom’s favorite household chore is…folding longre (trans: laundry).
- My mom’s favorite TV show is…chopped.
- If she could go on a trip, she would go to…Florida.
- I love my mom because she loves…me.
Benjamin (Age 3)
- My mom is…a mommy and a grown up.
- I really love it when my mom…hugs me and kisses me.
- My mom likes to wear…Benjamin shirts and Mommy shirts.
- My mom always tells me…jokes.
- The best thing she does is…hug me.
- It makes her happy when…smiling.
- My mom loves to relax by…sleeping.
- I like it when she…plays with me.
- The best thing she cooks is…hot dogs.
- When my mom shops she likes to buy…hot dogs.
- My mom’s favorite household chore is…me!
- My mom’s favorite TV show is…Lightning (trans: Lightning McQueen aka: Cars)
- If she could go on a trip, she would go to…the gym.
- I love my mom because she loves…to hug me.