Mother’s Day Keepsake Activity for Kids: 2015
Aside from my annual outlet shopping day with my mom, sister, and sister-in-law, my favorite Mother’s Day tradition is the annual questionnaire and keepsake activity the kids do for me. Most of all, I love looking back and seeing how my daughter’s answers have changed or stayed consistent year over year. For instance, last year we talked a lot about “trying our best” but this year our discussions are about “patience” especially with her little brother. Here are her 4 year-old answers, 5 year-old answers, 6 year-old answers, and 7 year old answers. And these are her 8 year-old answers:
MOTHER’S DAY KEEPSAKE ACTIVITY FOR KIDS: 2015 (OLIVIA, AGE 8)
- My mom is…amazing and awesome.
- I really love it when my mom…brings me to get ice cream.
- My mom likes to wear…jeans and a fancy shirt.
- My mom always tells me…to be patient.
- The best thing she does is…hug and kiss me.
- It makes her happy when…I clean up.
- My mom loves to relax by…the tv.
- I like it when she…plans my playdates. (Ha! I recently wrote a post about trying to stop being the playdate planner.)
- The best thing she cooks is…spaghetti and meatballs.
- When my mom shops she likes to buy…coffee.
- My mom’s favorite household chore is…nothing.
- My mom’s favorite TV show is…Abby’s Ultimate Dance Competition. (Hmmm – I wonder whose favorite show this really is!)
- If she could go on a trip, she would go to…Florida (to relax – while daddy takes us on rides).
- I love my mom because she loves…me!
This year is special because it marks Owen’s 1st year doing this activity. I had low expectations that he would even understand the concept. But he did wonderfully. See for yourself below.
MOTHER’S DAY KEEPSAKE ACTIVITY FOR KIDS: 2015 (OWEN, AGE 3)
- My mom is…give me flowers.
- I really love it when my mom…hugs me.
- My mom likes to wear…a dressing.
- My mom always tells me…that I have to go to daycare. (I think he’s referring to ski daycare because we typically call Bright Horizons “preschool.”)
- The best thing she does is…kisses me on the head.
- It makes her happy when…I hug her.
- My mom loves to relax by…with me.
- I like it when she…I don’t know.
- The best thing she cooks is…popcorn. (Which he happened to be eating at the time.)
- When my mom shops she likes to buy…milk.
- My mom’s favorite household chore is…a beach. (He probably thought I said “shore” – haha!)
- My mom’s favorite TV show is…Scooby Doo.
- If she could go on a trip, she would go to…daycare. (Translate to mean “snowboarding”)
- I love my mom because she loves…me.
Celebrate Mom This Mother’s Day for Your Chance to Win!
Visit Bright Horizons on Facebook and share one thing you love about your mother or one of the other special ladies in your life (i.e. aunt, grandmother) for a chance to win a Mother’s Day gift! One lucky winner will receive a three month subscription toBirch Box. Keep for yourself or gift to Mom!
This contest has now ended. Thank you to all who participated!