Mother’s Day Questionnaire for Kids: “I Love My Mom Because…”
Inspired by Amy, this year my kids completed this keepsake activity for a new Mother’s Day tradition. I sent my daughter, who is 7, off to the playroom to write her answers while I sat at the kitchen table with my 4 year old (so they weren’t swayed by each other’s responses). I asked my son the questions and then wrote down, verbatim, what he said. In hindsight, I wish I had videotaped it like Amy did this year!
The difference in their responses was amazing to me. My daughter clearly understood the questions. I love that she says my favorite TV is cooking shows. I rarely watch cooking shows, but my daughter recently stumbled upon Nerdy Nummies and is obsessed with these You Tube cooking videos.
The other one that cracked me up was that I like to buy medicine (or “medicen”) when I shop. Medicine? Really? I asked her to clarify and she told me it was the only thing she could think of and then added “you know, like when you buy us the grape medicine when we’re sick.” Hmm…I think I last time I bought medicine was in November. I like to shop (A LOT) and she came back with medicine?
My son on the other hand definitely didn’t understand most questions. He also doesn’t seem to think I like watch cooking shows but rather “bad shows”. I guess the reality is, my kids don’t see my watching TV and if I am watching TV it’s because I’m snuggling on the couch with them while watching one of their shows. I’m okay with this. However, his answer for how I relax…6 days? I did say to him “really? Let me read the question again.” To which he changed it to “1 day”. So for authenticity, I kept his original response even though it makes absolutely no sense!
Fun activity, Amy! I plan to do it again next year. See the rest of my kids’ answers below and do the activity at home with your children.
Mother’s Day Keepsake Activity for Kids: 2014
Maddie (Age 7)
- My mom is…wonderful.
- I really love it when my mom…hugs and kisses me.
- My mom likes to wear…jewelry.
- My mom always tells me…don’t bite your nails.
- The best thing she does is…helps us.
- It makes her happy when…we behave.
- My mom loves to relax by…the fire.
- I like it when she…helps us.
- The best thing she cooks is…cookies.
- When my mom shops she likes to buy…medicine.
- My mom’s favorite household chore is…making her bed.
- My mom’s favorite TV show is…cooking.
- If she could go on a trip, she would go to…Hawaii.
- I love my mom because she loves…us.
Will (Age 4)
- My mom is…pretty and nice.
- I really love it when my mom…when I love her.
- My mom likes to wear…pretty dresses.
- My mom always tells me…to listen.
- The best thing she does is…make me take tubs.
- It makes her happy when…I give mommy huggies.
- My mom loves to relax by…6 days.
- I like it when she…helps me learn.
- The best thing she cooks is…twirly pasta and tuna noodles.
- When my mom shops she likes to buy…candy.
- My mom’s favorite household chore is…cleaning.
- My mom’s favorite TV show is…bad shows.
- If she could go on a trip, she would go to…Florida.
- I love my mom because she loves…me.