What I’m Thankful For as a New Mom
What are you thankful for? Modern Mom has inspired me, and I too thought I’d reflect on what I’m thankful for this holiday season.
This New Mom’s List of Things I’m Grateful For
1. I’m thankful that the project I’m working on at the office which normally takes eight weeks but has been compressed to a three week deadline (one of those weeks being Thanksgiving!) will also be over in three weeks.
2. I’m thankful that New Dad made a surprise visit to the child care center’s potluck dinner last night.
3. I’m thankful that New Girl seems to be getting over a three month stint of separation anxiety at drop off.
4. I’m thankful that we decided to host Thanksgiving at a restaurant so that we can retire to home and enjoy each other’s company with a clean kitchen and empty dishwasher.
5. I’m thankful for full nights’ sleep, stable employment, access to great health care, good friends, a caring family, clean laundry, full bellies, a warm home, an adorable daughter, an earnest husband, my fellow bloggers, and the freedom to enjoy it all.
- E-family news: Thanksgiving Lessons for Children – Celebrating Gratitude & Family
- Bright Horizons Online Community: Thanksgiving Activities for Kids
- Bright Horizons Online Community: What Are Your Children Thankful For?
- Read more posts about Thanksgiving and posts about working parents from the Family Room bloggers