Family Recipes: Peanut Butter Banana Muffins
Lisa may hate cooking, but she’s making an effort to try some new recipes. As she shared this week, Lisa is pinning easy recipes on her Pinterest board Cooking Without Tears: Easy Recipes for an Uncook (the title was inspired by the Bright Horizons curriculum element Handwriting without Tears!). Among her recent pins is this recipe for peanut butter banana muffins. With some healthy ingredient substitutes, these muffins will make a great breakfast or afternoon snack for the whole family.
Peanut Butter Banana Muffins Recipe
- 1 cup of flour
- 1/4 cup of coconut flour
- 1/2 cup of oats
- 2-3 tbs. of chia seeds, ground
- 1 tbs. of baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. of salt
- 1 tsp. of cinnamon or chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup of nut butter
- 2 bananas
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup of coconut sugar
- 1 tsp. of vanilla
- 1 cup of vanilla rice milk
1. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
2. Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl.
3. In another bowl, mash the bananas. Beat in nut butter and egg. Add sugar, vanilla and milk.
4. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix well.
5. Sprinkle cinnamon or chocolate chips into the batter.
6. Pour into muffin tins and bake for 15-18 minutes.