Family Recipes: Sausage and Pasta in Creamy Tomato Sauce
Amy’s recipe for sausage and pasta in creamy tomato sauce is wonderful for so many delicious reasons, but one of the top reasons why she loves the dish is because it’s a quick and easy dinner option for busy working parents to whip up on the fly. Next time you find yourself trying to come up with a fast dinner solution after a long, crazy day, give this tasty pasta meal a try.
Sausage and Pasta in Creamy Tomato Sauce
- 2-3 sausage links (Nourish Mom recommends sweet Italian)
- Favorite pasta
- 1 small onion
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2-3 tomatoes
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup crème fraiche
- Fresh basil
- Parmesan, to taste
- Grill or cook your sausage. Cool and slice into rounds.
- Peel and chop the tomatoes. To peel, drop in boiling water for a minute and run under cool water to crack skin.
- Boil water for pasta and prepare according to package instructions. Drain in colander.
- Chop onion, garlic and basil.
- Heat olive oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet. Add onions and garlic. Cook 1-2 minutes until softened but not browned.
- Add chopped tomatoes and cook 4-5 minutes until tomatoes are reduced.
- Add sausages, crème fraiche, prepared pasta and fresh basil. Cook additional minute until heated through.
- Plate and add fresh Parmesan to taste.