5 Ways to Show Teachers Appreciation from a Distance
Teacher Appreciation Month may look a little different this year, but it’s more important than ever to show all of our amazing teachers and staff just how much we care. Even if we can’t celebrate at school, there are so many ways to say “thanks” from afar. We’ve rounded up the best virtual and socially distant teacher appreciation ideas that will have your children’s teachers feeling the love.
5 Socially Distant Teacher Appreciation Ideas
- Purchase a Gift Card. This idea is simple, but can go a long way. Buy a gift card to one of your teacher’s favorite local spots (bonus points for supporting small businesses!) or food delivery carriers, or sponsor a “movie night in” with a voucher to a streaming service. If you’re looking to provide more flexibility, try a pre-paid card that can be used like a credit or debit card almost anywhere.
- Send a Virtual “Thank You.” The possibilities are endless when it comes to utilizing technology to show your appreciation. Have your child create a drawing, eCard, or video, and email them to your teachers. Or, reach out to the parents of your child’s classmates and host a teacher appreciation party via Skype.
- Organize a Car Parade. This is a fun way to see your children’s teachers in person, but from a safe distance. Choose a meeting spot (maybe the school or child care center), and have families form a car procession. They can make signs, honk horns, and say “thanks” as they drive by teachers and staff!
- Mail a Gift. Find out from the school or center where to send teacher gifts, and then have fun online shopping! From school and cleaning supplies to more personalized tokens, a considerate gift in the mail is a nice way to show how much you care.
- Shout Them Out. If you love your teachers, let others know! Take to social media and share your appreciation with your community. If you’re a Bright Horizons parent, use #LoveMyBHTeacher on Facebook and Instagram to show us all of the fun, creative ways you’re saying THANKS! Or, brag about all of the wonderful ways your teachers are making a difference in an email to a supervisor or administrator.
Don’t let social distance get in the way of teacher appreciation – get creative and explore new avenues to say “thanks” to all of the SUPERHEROES in your life.
From all of us at Bright Horizons, we want to say THANK YOU to our amazing teachers for giving other heroes the critical family support they need during these times.