Tips for Raising a Caring and Compassionate Child
How do you raise a caring and compassionate child? In today’s post we’re sharing tips and resources from our Family Room bloggers and early education experts on everyday ways you can foster kindness and empathy with your child. We’d also love to hear your advice – what are some of the ways you’re teaching your child to be kind?
Ways to Raise a Caring and Compassionate Child
- Raising Kind Kids: Learn some everyday ways you can encourage your child to show kindness, develop empathy, and respect others.
- 6 Small Ways to Teach Kids to Be Kind: Here are six things you can do to model kindness with your child.
- 10 Ways to Teach Kindness to Preschoolers: How can you help your preschooler to be kind and caring? These ideas from preschool mom Emily are some great places to start.
- Sibling Rivalry: How To Teach Kids to Be Kind: Siblings have a way of knowing just how to push each other’s buttons. Try these tips to help foster kindness at home.
- Preschool Children’s Books about Friendship: Books about friendship can help children learn what makes a good friend. Here are some of our favorite preschool children’s books about friendship.
- Family Volunteering: Tips for Finding Ways to Give Back: Giving back as a family is a wonderful way to teach children about kindness. In this round-up parents share how they teach their kids about social responsibility, ideas for volunteering, and some simple ways to give back as a family.
What to Read Next: